I recently received a couple of BlueBrains and have had some success compiling and uploading from MBED using nRF Toolbox. Or, at least I did, until I tried loading Cannybots_JoypadUpdates. nRF Toolbox suggested that the hex had been loaded successfully, but ever since the BB has been invisible. I can no longer find it to push other code to.
When the BB has power applied the left yellow LED flashes briefly, and then the red, and right yellow LED are set on. I thought that I might be able to resurrect it by pushing an update via an FTDI cable. However after installing the Arduino 1.5.7 and the ready patched version of RFDuino I can compile, but cant upload. I consistently get
when trying. (Tried both Mac OSX and Windows 8.1) There seem to be a few topics on this subject on the rfduino forums, but nothing has helped so far. My suspicion is that the no-name FTDI adaptor ('JYMCU') that I have just doesn't cut the mustard.
So, if anyone is uploading over USB, what FTDI adaptor/cable are you using?
Sorry to hear you're having trouble.
At this moment in time a USB serial connection is just for power and print debugging, not firmware updates.
The latest BlueBrains aren't compatible with the RFDuino Arduino ide as we no longer use that module. The boot loader currently being loaded on our boards is only OTA and will fall back to a fail safe OTA mode if the application isn't valid, which doesn't appear to be the case.
Just for clarity, when you say left and right is the red LED furthest away from you?
Is there any or no data appearing in a terminal emulator connected to the serial line?
Serial port settings are 9600 8N1
All the best
Hi Wayne, thanks for getting back to me. Well, that will explain why I'm not having any joy with usb updates!
The board is oriented the same way as in the "resources" picture. button on the top, and a bunch of Ground pins on the right.
When applying power the left yellow flashes on/off very quickly and then the red and right yellow are solid on.
I had been getting serial output, I think the maze firmware was originally loaded as the serial console kept mentioning maze.
Using MBED I copied over a couple of your repositories, firstly trying out the Motor Test (I think that's what it was called) which turned motors fwd/bwd in turn. This worked well.
I then wanted to review the joystick input fron the iPhone app, so compiled and pushed the Joystick Updates code which was applied ok according to the OTA upload, but gave the results described above.
Am not getting anything from the serial console now.