- 1x LED 4 Segment Display
- 1x MAX72xx IC (we've used MAX7219CNG)
- Laser module
- Light Sensor
- 1x Arduino
- 100nf capacitor
- 10uf electrolytic capacitor
- 300k resistor (orange orange yellow)
- USB Mini-B cable (for powering the Arduino)
- USB Backup Battery Pack - power source for ARduino
- Breadboard, such as this
- 30+ Jumper wires
- 3D printed or laser cut structure
~5v to the Arduino USB input pin and the LED segments
The code was based upon the LedControl library and this Arduino article on the MAX72xx display driver IC
The current Arduino Sketch is just a basic test of the MAX72XX ship and the LED display. It needs to be integrated with the interrupt routine in the LED Backpack sketch.
The LED segment test sketch can be found here.
The sketch has the pinout and wiring information along with the library dependancies and hardware used during testing.